Unity Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unity Project

A educational project with Unity, more info to follow.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What does each of us do?

Go down 
+3
RoiDanielsen
qwertyuiop
mythstrott
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mythstrott

mythstrott

What does each of us do? Empty
PostSubject: What does each of us do?   What does each of us do? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 9:07 pm

Let us know what kind of work you can do.

Example: Scripting, Physical Art, 3D Art, Modelling, Animating, Lighting, Texturing....
Back to top Go down
mythstrott

mythstrott

PostSubject: Re: What does each of us do?   What does each of us do? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 9:10 pm

I can make average 3D models, texture them, and animate them. However I am not artistic and thus can't make the textures. I'm better with square'ish objects such as a building rather than things such as animals.

I can also script quite well. I am fluent in HTML and CSS, pretty good with PHP and JavaScript. I use JavaScript in Unity. Although I don't have every little command for UnityScript memorized, I am great with the language and can easily research anything I need.
Back to top Go down
qwertyuiop

qwertyuiop

PostSubject: Re: What does each of us do?   What does each of us do? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 6:30 am

I can also do modeling, texturing and animating, but I can do organic and rounded shapes like characters and cars.
Back to top Go down
RoiDanielsen
Admin
RoiDanielsen

PostSubject: Re: What does each of us do?   What does each of us do? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 8:59 am

3D Modeling. Non Organic! I'm still looking at tutorials for Texturing and Animating Smile

Also, I'm used to the Unity Terrain Editor, so I can make terrains as well Smile

I have little to no experience in programming though Sad
Back to top Go down
palledk

palledk

PostSubject: Re: What does each of us do?   What does each of us do? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 10:51 am

I have been messing around with a couple of programming languages but haven't made anything worth bragging about.

I still watch tutorials and read topics about programming. I just need to know what to make and i'll get cracking!
Back to top Go down
imcanida

PostSubject: Re: What does each of us do?   What does each of us do? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 5:53 am

Just stick to one language and learn how stuff works. If you can understand one you'll be able to easily pick up others. I'm doing heavy java right now in college. Computational Theory and Data Structures 2 both classes are in java. But I'm also taking a XNA Game dev class which is in c# the syntax is pretty close to the same. c++ is a bit different syntax but same basic stuff as any other programming language..

Sequence(running a program in sequence), Selection(If/else), and Iteration(Looping.. for/while/do while) basically all of what programming is.. c++ is a little more confusing with its pointers imo however. But its probably just a similar function as java's making a class in another class to instantiate it.

ex. you have two classes..
Code:
public class Object_One

public Object_One() {}

public void some_Method()
{}

Then if you wanted to use Object_One stuff you could instantiate it into your other class
Code:
public class Object_Two

Object_One object = new Object_One() //<<- instantiating
public Object_Two(){ }

public void some_Method();
{
object.some_Method();  // Allows me to access that method in the other class.
}

So that's my best guess currently on how pointers work for c++ relating it to java.. I could be wrong I don't have the time right now to check haha.

I do understand that pointers are a pointer to the memory location.
I was merely talking about there functionality of pointers.
Back to top Go down
Benstruation

Benstruation

PostSubject: Re: What does each of us do?   What does each of us do? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 12:29 pm

Hey cool dudes, what's up? How are you guys today? I'm totally chilling, just trying to break the ice.

I'm horrid at introductions, so apologies to everyone. However, I assumed a first post would need to have some sort of introduction, right? Or something like that to kind of ease myself into the community and/or make myself look like a tool. If I have completed one of those and still remained off topic, then fantastic aside from the off topic issue.

Anyway, I draw. Nothing fantastic, but better output than strapping a marker to an epileptic squirrel. Unless of course you're into the avant garde scene which I suppose would make me look mediocre. The point is I draw and paint digitally. Can I do textures? I have no idea, but I am more than willing to give it a go. Icons, original art, logos, concept art, etc are more or less my strong suit.

In terms of programming, I'm not "fluent" in any particular language; however, I am capable of a bit of programming (not nearly comfortable enough to consider myself competent, although that may be my self deprecation talking) as well as a bit of Python, C++ and C#. That and I am continuing to learn EVEN AS I TYPE (which brings up my multitasking skill that I have been pumping points into, although those points probably should have been spent on a better sense of humor and conciseness). Modelling and animation I know very little about, although, once again, I am currently educating myself.
Back to top Go down
RoiDanielsen
Admin
RoiDanielsen

PostSubject: Re: What does each of us do?   What does each of us do? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 2:53 pm

Benstruation wrote:
Hey cool dudes, what's up? How are you guys today? I'm totally chilling, just trying to break the ice.

I'm horrid at introductions, so apologies to everyone. However, I assumed a first post would need to have some sort of introduction, right? Or something like that to kind of ease myself into the community and/or make myself look like a tool. If I have completed one of those and still remained off topic, then fantastic aside from the off topic issue.

Anyway, I draw. Nothing fantastic, but better output than strapping a marker to an epileptic squirrel. Unless of course you're into the avant garde scene which I suppose would make me look mediocre. The point is I draw and paint digitally. Can I do textures? I have no idea, but I am more than willing to give it a go. Icons, original art, logos, concept art, etc are more or less my strong suit.

In terms of programming, I'm not "fluent" in any particular language; however, I am capable of a bit of programming (not nearly comfortable enough to consider myself competent, although that may be my self deprecation talking) as well as a bit of Python, C++ and C#. That and I am continuing to learn EVEN AS I TYPE (which brings up my multitasking skill that I have been pumping points into, although those points probably should have been spent on a better sense of humor and conciseness). Modelling and animation I know very little about, although, once again, I am currently educating myself.

Rofl xD

Welcome though, this place is for learning any ways Very Happy
Back to top Go down
palledk

palledk

PostSubject: Re: What does each of us do?   What does each of us do? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 4:20 pm

Welcome to the frontier Benstruation Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mythstrott

mythstrott

PostSubject: Re: What does each of us do?   What does each of us do? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 5:57 pm

Welcome, Ben(is that ok?).

I read your other post, the one about your game idea. It looked great, and I would love to see any concept art you might have.
Back to top Go down
Benstruation

Benstruation

PostSubject: Re: What does each of us do?   What does each of us do? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 11:20 pm

Ben is most certainly fine although it would make much more sense to refer to me as Dave, considering it is my real name. Or is it?

Just joshing, it is Ben and it is most certainly fine and often times is what I am called.

Apologies in advance if I come off as too facetious. I'm just so giddy about this project. An opportunity to learn in an "amateur" friendly environment while working on exciting projects? I'll be taking ten, please.
Back to top Go down
imcanida

PostSubject: Re: What does each of us do?   What does each of us do? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 3:09 am

You need to get into our skype with us.. We have about 7 people in there now.. with a few of us active most times.
Back to top Go down
Hello!13

Hello!13

PostSubject: Re: What does each of us do?   What does each of us do? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 5:09 am

Give me the skype accounts and i will download skype (Razz thats right i dont have it lol) anyways im pretty good a programming i know A little bit of C# i know a lot of Actionscript (although that doesnt matter 'cos where not using flash) and i know a lot of javascript
i have just started 3D moddeling i would say i am O.K at it =D And the game desiging in general i can do So yeah put me where ever Boss/es
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What does each of us do?   What does each of us do? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What does each of us do?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Unity Project :: Ideas-
Jump to: