Unity Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unity Project

A educational project with Unity, more info to follow.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Volunteering as Leader!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
RoiDanielsen
Admin
RoiDanielsen

Volunteering as Leader! Empty
PostSubject: Volunteering as Leader!   Volunteering as Leader! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 9:08 pm

EDIT: If you dont have a dropbox account, please dont create one yet! I can send you a refferal link and that way we can get extra storage space! Smile

Hey all! I am volunteering to be the Leader of the project. By leader, I mean the guy who has a to-do list, and then sends jobs around to everyone, just to get a better workflow.

First of all: Is every one okay with this? If not, why? Smile

Second: I will need a list of what every single team member is capable of. I want you to PM your capabilites to me!

Third: I will look at the ideas, and make a poll with the Main ideas. This way I can see which Idea is liked by most of us, and the idea with the highest score will be the idea that we will work further on.

And lastly, I want the different people from each workgroup (like 3D Modellers and Programmers) to talk together about the problem at hand. If one modeller gets a job that he is not capable of doing in a way that he feels is satisfying, he must talk to another modeller and switch some jobs around Smile

Oh, and I will look into some free repository software, like Dropbox or something, so we all have acces to all the files as soon as they are done, so we can set up an effective production pipeline.

PS: I will need Moderator rights to the forum so I can make it a bit cleaner looking and such Smile
Back to top Go down
Goldbott

PostSubject: Re: Volunteering as Leader!   Volunteering as Leader! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 10:22 pm

hmmm I think you may be overstepping you bounds a bit - before you can be elected as the leader you must prove yourself to be worthy of such. What are your skills, what do you have to give to the project, whats justifies you to chose the project you want to do?

Maybe we should vote on the project we undertake - atm most ppl seem to think an old London steampunk rpg is the best way to go. (personally I'd got with a rps but thats just me)

I don't really know if posting once that you want to be the leader qualifies you.
Back to top Go down
mythstrott

mythstrott

PostSubject: Re: Volunteering as Leader!   Volunteering as Leader! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 10:42 pm

Here's an idea,

We let him serve as "temporary leader" assuming the roles until we get this started and get to know each other better.

During this time, we'll get to know each other's strengths and give him a list of things to do. Then when we're ready, we can vote on a longer-term leader, he can of course be elected.

How many people agree with this idea?

I think some tasks we should leave for him to do right away would be:
  • Make and publish a list of all members and their abilities
  • Create a thread for us to vote on what game we're going to make
  • Assign someone (me?) to make an official, better website
  • Let us vote on our group's name (Many are already set on "SmokeStack Studios")
Back to top Go down
RoiDanielsen
Admin
RoiDanielsen

PostSubject: Re: Volunteering as Leader!   Volunteering as Leader! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 10:25 am

Goldbott wrote:
hmmm I think you may be overstepping you bounds a bit - before you can be elected as the leader you must prove yourself to be worthy of such. What are your skills, what do you have to give to the project, whats justifies you to chose the project you want to do?

Maybe we should vote on the project we undertake - atm most ppl seem to think an old London steampunk rpg is the best way to go. (personally I'd got with a rps but thats just me)

I don't really know if posting once that you want to be the leader qualifies you.

Did you read the enire post? There is a couple of lines telling you that we should vote for a project Razz I just called it Idea instead of project Smile

I can do a bit of 3D Modelling, I am still working on that! Also, making me the leader will not result in me not doing any modelling Razz I will still work on that. Also, I only made this post because we need a leader, and personally I think I show a good amount of enthusiasm by creating a thread like this Smile

Of course we can do it the democratic way and vote for a leader, or just let me be a trial leader to see how it turns out Smile
Back to top Go down
Muzz5
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Volunteering as Leader!   Volunteering as Leader! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 6:25 pm

One thing...I orginally setup this whole group (go check my post!) so I think I should be leader.
Back to top Go down
RoiDanielsen
Admin
RoiDanielsen

PostSubject: Re: Volunteering as Leader!   Volunteering as Leader! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 6:38 pm

Muzz5 wrote:
One thing...I orginally setup this whole group (go check my post!) so I think I should be leader.

Of course you can be the leader it you want to Razz I just volunteered as nobody else seemed like they wanted to Smile

Can you make a post explaining how you will lead the team then Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mythstrott

mythstrott

PostSubject: Re: Volunteering as Leader!   Volunteering as Leader! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 7:22 pm

RoiDanielsen wrote:
Muzz5 wrote:

Of course you can be the leader it you want to Razz I just volunteered as nobody else seemed like they wanted to Smile

I agree with letting Muzz5 be temporary leader until we get the team stable. Thanks Roi for not making a problem of it.

So Muzz, can you please work on gathering a list of the team members, getting an official name voted on, and a project idea voted on? If you want me to make a better website, I will as soon as we have a name. I will probably make it for free as a (ourname).110mb.com site. I'll use PHP to protect our files with a password that we all know, and to allow us to share files on the site. If we can raise some money (like $20 to $30), I'll buy a custom domain (ourname.com) for it.
Back to top Go down
RoiDanielsen
Admin
RoiDanielsen

PostSubject: Re: Volunteering as Leader!   Volunteering as Leader! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 9:08 pm

mythstrott wrote:
RoiDanielsen wrote:
Muzz5 wrote:

I agree with letting Muzz5 be temporary leader until we get the team stable. Thanks Roi for not making a problem of it.

So Muzz, can you please work on gathering a list of the team members, getting an official name voted on, and a project idea voted on? If you want me to make a better website, I will as soon as we have a name. I will probably make it for free as a (ourname).110mb.com site. I'll use PHP to protect our files with a password that we all know, and to allow us to share files on the site. If we can raise some money (like $20 to $30), I'll buy a custom domain (ourname.com) for it.

No problem mate Razz 30 Dollars should not be that hard to raise right! Very Happy I get my next paycheck soon anyways, so i might as well donate 5-10 dollars or something Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mythstrott

mythstrott

PostSubject: Re: Volunteering as Leader!   Volunteering as Leader! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 11:58 pm

RoiDanielsen wrote:
mythstrott wrote:
RoiDanielsen wrote:
Muzz5 wrote:

No problem mate Razz 30 Dollars should not be that hard to raise right! Very Happy I get my next paycheck soon anyways, so i might as well donate 5-10 dollars or something Very Happy

We'll need a way to handle money safe, too...
Back to top Go down
RoiDanielsen
Admin
RoiDanielsen

PostSubject: Re: Volunteering as Leader!   Volunteering as Leader! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 7:14 am

Handling the money safe is no problem if we use Paypal or something Smile
Back to top Go down
imcanida

PostSubject: Re: Volunteering as Leader!   Volunteering as Leader! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 7:21 am

You can get a domain name for like $10.00 usually. I may have another solution however. My brother is going to be getting a web hosting server. So I could just get the domain name and do like a sub domain on it. I'm pretty sure there's a way so it doesn't have to have the .110mb.com etc in it.. with like redirecting or something.

Because I made a website for these guys http://ineffectuals.com/ back in the day and they are just a sub domain not the actual..
Back to top Go down
mythstrott

mythstrott

PostSubject: Re: Volunteering as Leader!   Volunteering as Leader! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 9:46 pm

imcanida wrote:
You can get a domain name for like $10.00 usually. I may have another solution however. My brother is going to be getting a web hosting server. So I could just get the domain name and do like a sub domain on it. I'm pretty sure there's a way so it doesn't have to have the .110mb.com etc in it.. with like redirecting or something.

Because I made a website for these guys http://ineffectuals.com/ back in the day and they are just a sub domain not the actual..

Yes, we could have it be like OurName.RandomHostingWebsiteExample.com for free. But to have it be just OurName.com we need to register our own domain. And you can get it for around $10, but if you want them to host it for you (like webs.com to 110mb.com) they usually host for free but charge a few bucks more for the domain.

And if you want me to make it on Webs or 110mb or whatever, we don't really need to pay for a "real" domain right away. I can make it free and not worry about a domain until the time comes.
Back to top Go down
Goldbott

PostSubject: Re: Volunteering as Leader!   Volunteering as Leader! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 10:32 pm

you could also get a cz.cc for free - I have Illinc.cz.cc for instance
Back to top Go down
Muzz5
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Volunteering as Leader!   Volunteering as Leader! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 11:01 am

I'm not going to be able to help with this for a few weeks. I'm sadly going to be far too busy, so appoint whoever you want as leader in my abscence. Hopefully in the next few weeks you can decide on a project, a name etc. Anyway, Roi, you wanted to be leader - you can do it for now.
Back to top Go down
mythstrott

mythstrott

PostSubject: Re: Volunteering as Leader!   Volunteering as Leader! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 5:54 pm

Muzz5 wrote:
I'm not going to be able to help with this for a few weeks. I'm sadly going to be far too busy, so appoint whoever you want as leader in my abscence. Hopefully in the next few weeks you can decide on a project, a name etc. Anyway, Roi, you wanted to be leader - you can do it for now.

I'm also in favor of having Roi be temporary leader.
Back to top Go down
imcanida

PostSubject: Re: Volunteering as Leader!   Volunteering as Leader! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 3:07 am

Yeah lets get some movement! and I dont want to be the leader.. Sounds too much of a pain.. I'll do the grunt work haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Volunteering as Leader!   Volunteering as Leader! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Volunteering as Leader!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Unity Project :: Ideas-
Jump to: