Unity Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unity Project

A educational project with Unity, more info to follow.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Game Project Poll! PLEASE READ!

Go down 
4 posters

Which Game Project should we continue with?
Medieval Fantasy RPG Sandbox
Game Project Poll! PLEASE READ! I_vote_lcap0%Game Project Poll! PLEASE READ! I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Industrial "Sherlock Holmes Era" Social RPG
Game Project Poll! PLEASE READ! I_vote_lcap9%Game Project Poll! PLEASE READ! I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 1 ]
Futuristic "Ancient Era" RPG
Game Project Poll! PLEASE READ! I_vote_lcap0%Game Project Poll! PLEASE READ! I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Post Apocalyptic Futuristic RPG
Game Project Poll! PLEASE READ! I_vote_lcap9%Game Project Poll! PLEASE READ! I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 1 ]
Campground Rampage
 9% [ 1 ]
Classic Steampunk RPG
 9% [ 1 ]
Cyborg Mech Sandbox "MMOFPSRPG"
 0% [ 0 ]
Cyborg Organs "GTA IV" RPG
 0% [ 0 ]
Steampunk "Magic & Tesla coils style" RPG
Game Project Poll! PLEASE READ! I_vote_lcap64%Game Project Poll! PLEASE READ! I_vote_rcap
 64% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
RoiDanielsen
Admin
RoiDanielsen

Game Project Poll! PLEASE READ! Empty
PostSubject: Game Project Poll! PLEASE READ!   Game Project Poll! PLEASE READ! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 10:51 pm

Here is a list of all the Ideas. Dont be scared of the wall of text!

Also! We will decide on other details, such as camera angles and stuff, when we have decided the project!

If you want to read more about them, here are the individual posts.
Some of them are not there, but that is because there really isnt much to explain.

Take your time in choosing here, as this is what we well move in with,
and we will not stop until we have a (somewhat) finished game.

Medieval Fantasy RPG Sandbox
RoiDanielsen wrote:
Some of mine ideas are this.

3rd Person medieval fantasy RPG. Something like the mount&blade warband combat system, where you use your mouse to swing. Making this multiplayer with sandbox elements, like building your house/set up a town. With puzzling quests that force you to think. It would be able to host a server and then play it with some friends.

This is a very good base idea, as we can build lots and lots upon it, like something crazy making a huge world with severals continents/islands with ships and naval warfare also.

Other than that I'm open to many types of ideas, but I personally like the RPG genre the most. Games with great story/quests/puzzles combined with modern gameplays like FPS, RTS or such Smile

Industrial "Sherlock Holmes Era" Social RPG
DEV_Lettuce_ wrote:
I think fantasy rpgs may be a bit overused, i think we should travel a bit back in time (ancient rome) or a bit forward (Industrial Britan) i personally think an industrial type rpg is very original (we can also make it large) we could make it like a sherlock holmes type setting with fancy clothes, and stuff that you can buy like clothes, carriages, horses, early motor vehicle. Kind of have it like a social game with rpg features Very Happy it can be third person as well. And maybe have like a ranking system like when you start hte game you are a peasant, then you can increase in rank wich will unlock new areas, and the max rank is "royalty" witch will let you purchase things like castles, fountains, own a business, and stuff...i will work on a rank system

Futuristic "Ancient Era" RPG
RoiDanielsen wrote:

Yeah, I'm thinking about a futuristic ancient type game Razz With melee weapons, like a sword with a Energy blade or something.

I dont really like the idea of putting laser guns in a game, because they are used in almost every damn futuristic movie,game and book Very Happy

Campground Rampage
qwertyuiop wrote:
I've got another idea for a game wich uses the soft-body physics in Unity:

Some camping guest is not amused about the servece on a camping (other guests play loud music and stuff) and decides to take revenge. He has to drive over as many tents as possible before the police arrives. Next, he gets a call from another "not amused" camping guest who said it was awesome what he did, and "could you please do that again on that camping?", and gets paid for it. And that way he unlocks more and more levels and buys better cars.

Classic Steampunk RPG
Goldbott wrote:
Hmm what about a somewhat steampunk future approach? You could have a huge city that is fashioned in the style of old time London but features amazing steam powered advances in technology. Perhaps a take on what todays world might have been like if an inventor had discovered perpetual steam cycles and copper was in incredible abundance. Maybe have a real-time combat system and give the player the option of being in first or third person view.

Cyborg Mech Sandbox "MMOFPSRPG"
imcanida wrote:
This is my idea for a game.. However it is ridiculous haha.. These are just random thoughts that I put together into a word doc.

Game thought::
Each player is a hybrid human/robot that can be specialized as the game advances with upgrades to
there systems or bodies to make them faster // stronger // control more objects( ships // mechs// etc)

The game will start off with you awaking on some planet whatever ( max number of players per planet before placing on a new one)

Story : The player is created from a massive database of memories of past civilizations and giving a hybrid human / robot (android)
body with one of these memories. Which will just be the player. If the player body dies. The player will start back at the cloning machine
with all progress( advancements and upgrades ) in a new body. Clone machines will be made available to individual "clans or factions"

Territories can be taken control over by a faction or clan and built up with buildings manufacturing plants ( to produce space ships // mechs // etc)
, Armories to produce weapons and ammunition, Barracks to unlock more upgrades to faction/clan memembers, etc..

Opposing factions wishing to attack would have to have a carrier of a sort. That would be flying above or on the ground. Which would hold all attacking
units... mechs//weapons//ammo etc.. Max faction members may be like 40 per. But the attacking faction could load up with like 400 mechs.. and
if the 40 mechs were destroyed the 40 members controlling the mechs could rejoin the battle with 40 more mechs.. 10 more times.. However
if the faction only had like 2 members no more then 2 mechs could be handled at the time.. possibly add some droid availability to those that want
to have low member count.

When it comes to multi faction fighting no more then 2 other allies may help on either side which means no more then 120 people per side. This should
help the effect of zergs. Numbers of mechs and members will take its place. But having just sheer numbers will not always help. ( Probably make this lower )

If another area is taken by a faction they may have additional 40 spots for there clan/guild/faction. However combat rules will still apply.

Starting off : The game will begin with you as being an android specialized in your select fighting style... Melee or Ranged.. Maybe even pet based or
turret / Droid pet.

Like any other game there could be professions and other things like gathering and other mundane tasks to start. Then in later game you could have
robots or items to help you do them much faster.
Also like other games you will probably start off killing some noob creatures or even just fighting others in arena type matches may be a good idea..
So its less boring and a little more fun. If you win a match you get x amount of credits and if you lose you still get credits just not as much..
Or you could always gather for credits.

and that's why I was working on some mech designs

This was my starting Idea for a game. I would purpose later adding a Space system as well. So when they actually get to the point of ships they can start taking control of other planets or just space territory..

My idea was to have MMO/FPS/RPG(skill based).. The gain of Technology is the key to this game.

Heres and idea for a skill :

Hacker skill : When trying to take an enemy vehicle a player with hacking skill can enter in numbers as they appear on the screen to try to take the vehicle/machine. Such as if someone attempted to steal a mech the hacker with a skill of lets say 100 would be prompted to enter in a set of numbers in a given amount of time.. Random numbers possibly.. such as 352123adajk ( characters maybe be added ) this will prevent any macro programs to do it for them. But since he has 100 skill he only has to enter in 352123.. etc.

Playing Darkfall Online ( which is pretty sandbox of a game) has taught me a few things about these Sandbox MMOFPSRPG's.. Such as the zerging.. In darkfall Clans would have ridiculous amounts of members and then would hire more players to help them in seiges.. It was getting to the point that people were bringing like 300 players each haha.. which is not acceptable playing conditions ( fps would be at like 7 most times ) and having skills that everyone can achieve just makes the veteran players 100x more powerful then any casual game which makes sense to an extent. But in darkfall Macro's and exploiting was often used for personal gain... Alright I think I'm done with this subject I'm sure I could go on haha.. Anyways my point is you have to know how to balance these Sandbox games correctly while making players happy as well.

Cyborg Organs "GTA IV" RPG
RoiDanielsen wrote:
More Ideas!

You start the game as a Human. You enter the start scene, where you are hunted around in the slums of a huge mega city. Like Coruscant from Star Wars or something. The setting is the future.

You get caught by a gang of people, and they knock you out. You wake up at a hospital, were you are told that most of your organs were stolen. ( The main theme will be that there is a lack of new humans, because of overpopulation, and people will kill to get original organs). They tell you that they implemented new robotic organs into you.

This is were you get to choose which type of heart, liver and kidneys etc. you want. Different kinds of organs give different bonuses.

Like Heart A gives a better heart rate, thus giving your character more stamina. Maybe you choose Heart B which is really big, making your character stronger etc Razz Get the point?

When you start, you are set free in the huge city. You can do what ever you please, something like GTA IV. Missions are available all around the city, with a lot of different rewards. The main goal will to be for you to raise enough money, to be able to buy a Star Ship, which will then open up Space for you to fly in, which allows you to go to other planets to do more missions and such Very Happy

Pretty far out idea, but I hope you get the basic concept Smile

Steampunk "Magic & Tesla coils style" RPG
Benstruation wrote:
I can't express the amount of love I have for Victorian Era steampunk, so I won't even try. In fact, so far, every idea in this thread has been fantastic. I'm not here to stroke egos though, so I digress.

Now, since we are talking rpg, are we talking magic as well? I certainly do hope so as it would be a shame to make an rpg in the same setting as H.P. Lovecraft's/Bram Stoker's/Mary Shelley's(kinda) fiction and not be able to use it or make some allusions due to limitations we set. I mean, don't misunderstand me when I say magic though. I'm not talking about making this Magic Missile 2: Copper and Steam edition (although Copper and Steam do sound nice together). I'm thinking of a magic system that is more refined and practical; whereas instead of magic is treated as some misunderstood variable that only the wizened can master, it is more of a form of energy which can be manipulated to a certain extent. I'm not sure if I explained that clearly. That and tomes. I love me some tomes.

Strangely enough, these ideas are almost perfectly aligned with the game that I have been tossing around for a while now. I might even still have some of my old concept art somewhere that I had planned for NPCs. See, what I had in mind was creating a sandbox (check) action rpg (check) set in a steampunk setting (check) with a strong focus on interaction with the world itself ie building houses/towns/whatever, deeper/more intimate (read this not as a sex simulation) relation with NPCs, etc. I'll post some sketches if I can find them, granted though, it might be slightly stylized. However, if you wish to have a more realistic style, I can certainly accomplish that as well. It'll just take me a day or two to put some rough sketches together.

But in order to get an idea of what I'm saying, imagine slapping a steam engine, a giant mechanical eye, and arms made out of energy together onto a contraption birthing steam-powered insect-like harvester robots; OR combining Cthulhu with some gear operated machinery and a couple giant tesla coils.

Now, in terms of the player, are we going to settle with a player character that we design? Or is it going to be customizable? What stats/skills are we looking at? How are these going to be increased? What direct effect will each stat/skill have on gameplay? Are we going to have skills which are not passive? How exactly do we want the combat system to work out (cool downs? combos? spamming hotkeys?)? How will the character level up if they do level up? Will there be character classes or will the player be able to customize and create hybrids? I certainly have ideas on these, kinda, however, I would love to hear somebody else's input considering I already kinda put the whole "magic" thing in there.

Sorry if I came off as kinda vague or messed up sounding. I need to sleep.
Back to top Go down
mythstrott

mythstrott

PostSubject: Re: Game Project Poll! PLEASE READ!   Game Project Poll! PLEASE READ! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 12:45 am

Seems fairly unanimous so far on the game idea as well as the group name.
Back to top Go down
DEV_Lettuce_
Admin
DEV_Lettuce_

PostSubject: Re: Game Project Poll! PLEASE READ!   Game Project Poll! PLEASE READ! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 1:24 am

Crap i voted for the Sherlock Holmes setting one, but i didnt read them all Razz, i retract my vote and vote for the steampunk one
Back to top Go down
https://unityproject.forumotion.com
mythstrott

mythstrott

PostSubject: Re: Game Project Poll! PLEASE READ!   Game Project Poll! PLEASE READ! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 1:27 am

DEV_Lettuce_ wrote:
Crap i voted for the Sherlock Holmes setting one, but i didnt read them all Razz, i retract my vote and vote for the steampunk one

You can click "Cancel my vote"

It's somewhere to the lower left of the results.
Back to top Go down
Hello!13

Hello!13

PostSubject: Re: Game Project Poll! PLEASE READ!   Game Project Poll! PLEASE READ! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 6:26 am

I think i would Preffer to do a FPS but i dont care
Back to top Go down
RoiDanielsen
Admin
RoiDanielsen

PostSubject: Re: Game Project Poll! PLEASE READ!   Game Project Poll! PLEASE READ! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 7:33 am

You can Cancel you vote and vote again. As for other Ideas. These are the main ideas from the Brainstorm. The Camera Angle like a First Persin View or 3rd Person View will be decided after we have decided on which project to advance with. Smile
Back to top Go down
Hello!13

Hello!13

PostSubject: Re: Game Project Poll! PLEASE READ!   Game Project Poll! PLEASE READ! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 10:02 am

ok thanks roi=)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game Project Poll! PLEASE READ!   Game Project Poll! PLEASE READ! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Game Project Poll! PLEASE READ!
Page 1 of 1