Unity Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unity Project

A educational project with Unity, more info to follow.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How about...

Go down 
+6
palledk
DEV_Lettuce_
Goldbott
RoiDanielsen
votekick
mythstrott
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mythstrott

mythstrott

How about... Empty
PostSubject: How about...   How about... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 11:25 pm

Noobs2Games Studios?

How about... Nmz48w
Back to top Go down
votekick

How about... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How about...   How about... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 4:30 am

I can't see a positive to using the word noob in a studio name... I also doubt that a name is necessary as we're yet to decide on a project, or even form a team officially.
Back to top Go down
mythstrott

mythstrott

How about... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How about...   How about... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 4:20 pm

votekick wrote:
I can't see a positive to using the word noob in a studio name... I also doubt that a name is necessary as we're yet to decide on a project, or even form a team officially.

I can't see a positive in your post Wink

Besides, the original post in Unity's Forums was titled "Calling all noobs" or something along those lines. I figured it would make sense since most of us are starting out as noobs or were noobs at game development not too long ago. We start as "noobs" with a dream, and the end results are games.
Back to top Go down
RoiDanielsen
Admin
RoiDanielsen

How about... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How about...   How about... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 6:49 pm

Hehe, I dont think we need a name for now Razz But yes, putting the word Noob in a official studio name doesnt look good in my book xD

I like the logo style though Smile
Back to top Go down
mythstrott

mythstrott

How about... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How about...   How about... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 9:02 pm

I still don't think "noob" would have a crippling effect lol.

As long as the game is good, the name doesn't really matter. Perhaps the irony would stick out like a sore thumb, making it popular.

Glad you like the style anyways.
Back to top Go down
Goldbott

How about... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How about...   How about... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 10:08 pm

hmmm give me an hour or two
Back to top Go down
mythstrott

mythstrott

How about... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How about...   How about... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 10:14 pm

Goldbott wrote:
hmmm give me an hour or two

For?
Back to top Go down
Goldbott

How about... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How about...   How about... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 10:44 pm

Well I was working on a logo - heres a quick one I made

How about... G4Zz3

and an animated one

How about... Bqzq7

But i think you may want something a bit darker and a lot less loud.

I could edit the original idea if you like
Back to top Go down
mythstrott

mythstrott

How about... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How about...   How about... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 11:04 pm

It looks like you spent more time on that logo, but it's definitely noisy and complex. You can make the logo (I'm obviously not great at it), but I would go for something simpler.
Back to top Go down
Goldbott

How about... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How about...   How about... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 11:18 pm

Well I liked your logo aswell - It was simple but interesting

If I could just get an idea of what you guys want I could make something a bit more appropriate

Also heres a sample of an edit

How about... NwxQV

and animated

How about... JAJK5
Back to top Go down
DEV_Lettuce_
Admin
DEV_Lettuce_

How about... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How about...   How about... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 11:59 pm

Since were looking into the industrial revolution type era how about something like

Top Hat Studios or Industrial Games
Back to top Go down
https://unityproject.forumotion.com
Goldbott

How about... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How about...   How about... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 12:29 am

So maybe smokestacks, copper pipe, and a silhouette of a man in a suit and tophat?

Smokestack Studios?

Last edited by Goldbott on Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mythstrott

mythstrott

How about... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How about...   How about... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 12:30 am

Goldbott wrote:
So maybe smokestacks, copper pipe, and a silhouette of a man in a suit and tophat?

Heck yes
Back to top Go down
Goldbott

How about... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How about...   How about... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 12:38 am

I'll get to work on it right away but it'll take me some time - I should have it done by tomorrow
Back to top Go down
mythstrott

mythstrott

How about... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How about...   How about... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 12:41 am

Goldbott wrote:
I am a horrible artist.

Just kidding!

Actually...
Goldbott wrote:
I'll get to work on it right away but it'll take me some time - I should have it done by tomorrow

Nice. I'm looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
DEV_Lettuce_
Admin
DEV_Lettuce_

How about... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How about...   How about... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 1:14 am

NICE i love iT

Smokestack Studios afro flower geek jocolor queen king farao sunny albino cherry santa rendeer Sleep drunken bom cheers cheers Basketball pig monkey monkey bounce rabbit silent tongue tongue pirat Very Happy Smile Surprised Rolling Eyes What a Face cyclops cyclops lol! lol! lol! elephant elephant elephant king king king king king
Back to top Go down
https://unityproject.forumotion.com
Goldbott

How about... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How about...   How about... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 3:51 am

Ok here are the elements I plan to work with

This pic of smoke stacks
How about... Smoke-stack

This silhouette (made from a pic of a dude in a tux)
How about... Tophat10

And I'm using blender with a PD copper material to make the pipes - heres an S

How about... Ans10
Back to top Go down
mythstrott

mythstrott

How about... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How about...   How about... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 4:14 am

Looking good.

You might want to watch the recent'ish movie Sherlock Holmes for inspiration and personal enjoyment. It really captures the theme.
Back to top Go down
Goldbott

How about... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How about...   How about... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 6:18 am

I saw sherlock homes - thought it was quite awesome.

Anyway I have a prototype - I plan on changing it according to comment and maybe adding the pipes as a border rather than text.

How about... Logotw10

and a minilogo SSS = SmokeStackStudios

How about... Minilo12

Last edited by Goldbott on Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RoiDanielsen
Admin
RoiDanielsen

How about... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How about...   How about... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 9:03 am

Goldbott wrote:

Smokestack Studios?

This! Maybe with a little Steampunk touch?
Back to top Go down
palledk

palledk

How about... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How about...   How about... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 10:55 am

I still like the idea of having "noob" in the name. Maybe we could turn it to be something good instead of the bad aura of hate that is swarming around it.
Back to top Go down
SharkScythe

How about... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How about...   How about... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 12:17 pm

I don't agree with having noob in the name because noob in definition is negative
example is this part from urban dictionary
Quote :
II. Defining 'Noob'
Contrary to the belief of many, a noob/n00b and a newbie/newb are not the same thing. Newbs are those who are new to some task* and are very beginner at it, possibly a little overconfident about it, but they are willing to learn and fix their errors to move out of that stage. n00bs, on the other hand, know little and have no will to learn any more. They expect people to do the work for them and then expect to get praised about it, and make up a unique species of their own.
This is pretty much the definition and also the difference between noob and newb that much people agree on.
So I would rather use newb than noob in the name, since it's a much less negative word.
Back to top Go down
http://sharkscythe.webs.com/
mythstrott

mythstrott

How about... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How about...   How about... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 1:10 pm

palledk,
I thought "noob" would be interesting for the name, too. However, they made a valid point and I really like SmokeStack Studios anyways.

SharkScythe,
Quoting UrbanDictionary with seriousness, nice

Goldbott,
That looks really good.
Back to top Go down
SharkScythe

How about... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How about...   How about... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 2:07 pm

mythstrott,
I know Urban dictionary isn't the most reliable source, but i was at the momemt to lazy to write my own explanation so I just copy-pasted something. I could show a lot of other places with the same definition, but i see no reason to do that.
And I think SmokeStack Studios sound good.

Goldbott,
cool logo.
Back to top Go down
http://sharkscythe.webs.com/
palledk

palledk

How about... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How about...   How about... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 6:02 pm

Well, i just thought it would be a nice thing to have Wink

Anyway, i think that "Smokestack Studios" sounds nice too Very Happy And i like the logo too Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

How about... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How about...   How about... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How about...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Unity Project :: Ideas :: Logo and Name-
Jump to: