Unity Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unity Project

A educational project with Unity, more info to follow.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Brainstorm

Go down 
+8
palledk
Goldbott
qwertyuiop
votekick
mythstrott
Muzz5
RoiDanielsen
DEV_Lettuce_
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
DEV_Lettuce_
Admin
DEV_Lettuce_

Brainstorm  Empty
PostSubject: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 7:53 pm

Hi here is were we come up with ideas, logos, and collaborate, share creations and just advance the game. santa
Back to top Go down
https://unityproject.forumotion.com
RoiDanielsen
Admin
RoiDanielsen

Brainstorm  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 8:08 pm

DEV_Lettuce_ wrote:
Hi here is were we come up with ideas, logos, and collaborate, share creations and just advance the game. santa

Hey Mate! First of, this colours are freaking horrible! My eyes get sore from looking at this xD Are there not any neutral colors like Light blue or white?

Back to top Go down
Muzz5
Admin

Brainstorm  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 8:11 pm

Please, lose the orange!!!
I've got some FPS stuff together (my first ever game!) if you want to use that.
Back to top Go down
RoiDanielsen
Admin
RoiDanielsen

Brainstorm  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 8:12 pm

This blue alien theme is alright! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Muzz5
Admin

Brainstorm  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 8:12 pm

Thx, much better.
Back to top Go down
DEV_Lettuce_
Admin
DEV_Lettuce_

Brainstorm  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 8:13 pm

Yeah i like the mild alien theme bounce
Back to top Go down
DEV_Lettuce_
Admin
DEV_Lettuce_

Brainstorm  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 8:17 pm

Muzz5 wrote:
Please, lose the orange!!!
I've got some FPS stuff together (my first ever game!) if you want to use that.

Yeah i made a showcase section if you want to post it there and we can see it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RoiDanielsen
Admin
RoiDanielsen

Brainstorm  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 8:18 pm

Some of mine ideas are this.

3rd Person medieval fantasy RPG. Something like the mount&blade warband combat system, where you use your mouse to swing. Making this multiplayer with sandbox elements, like building your house/set up a town. With puzzling quests that force you to think. It would be able to host a server and then play it with some friends.

This is a very good base idea, as we can build lots and lots upon it, like something crazy making a huge world with severals continents/islands with ships and naval warfare also.

Other than that I'm open to many types of ideas, but I personally like the RPG genre the most. Games with great story/quests/puzzles combined with modern gameplays like FPS, RTS or such Smile
Back to top Go down
Muzz5
Admin

Brainstorm  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 8:22 pm

I'm going to publish my FPS on kongregate, for the contest. i've just made my 6th level.
BTW, there is an old demo there called 'Saboteur Demo'. It's only got one type of enemy, weapon etc and is not very good.
Back to top Go down
DEV_Lettuce_
Admin
DEV_Lettuce_

Brainstorm  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 8:23 pm

I think fantasy rpgs may be a bit overused, i think we should travel a bit back in time (ancient rome) or a bit forward (Industrial Britan) i personally think an industrial type rpg is very original (we can also make it large) we could make it like a sherlock holmes type setting with fancy clothes, and stuff that you can buy like clothes, carriages, horses, early motor vehicle. Kind of have it like a social game with rpg features Very Happy it can be third person as well. And maybe have like a ranking system like when you start hte game you are a peasant, then you can increase in rank wich will unlock new areas, and the max rank is "royalty" witch will let you purchase things like castles, fountains, own a business, and stuff...i will work on a rank system
Back to top Go down
RoiDanielsen
Admin
RoiDanielsen

Brainstorm  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 8:28 pm

Yeah Medieval Fantasy RPG's are really cliché haha!

I'm all for something like it of older age, like in the Ancient Rome or something. When we get up in some newer ages, I am afraid my modelling skills will not be that good to make complex structures haha Razz

What about a Futuristic RPG with melee energy weapons or something? Just watched the whole damn star wars trilogies haha! xD
Back to top Go down
Muzz5
Admin

Brainstorm  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 8:30 pm

Actually, ancient Rome and Greece have been used a lot recently. perhaps not for RPGs but for MMO games like Caesery. A futuristic one has not really been touched, though.
Back to top Go down
RoiDanielsen
Admin
RoiDanielsen

Brainstorm  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 8:31 pm

Well, I think we need a good solid idea that everybodys like before starting anything. Maybe creating a small game document, explaining the core mechanics and stuff Razz
Back to top Go down
Muzz5
Admin

Brainstorm  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 8:32 pm

I'll jsut finish my FPS, and then I'll be right with you.
Back to top Go down
RoiDanielsen
Admin
RoiDanielsen

Brainstorm  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 8:32 pm

Muzz5 wrote:
Actually, ancient Rome and Greece have been used a lot recently. perhaps not for RPGs but for MMO games like Caesery. A futuristic one has not really been touched, though.

Yeah, I'm thinking about a futuristic ancient type game Razz With melee weapons, like a sword with a Energy blade or something.

I dont really like the idea of putting laser guns in a game, because they are used in almost every damn futuristic movie,game and book Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DEV_Lettuce_
Admin
DEV_Lettuce_

Brainstorm  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 8:33 pm

Yeah, i like both the Industrial age Rpg, just cause its never been used. Cause there is already like SWTOR, Star wars galaxies, etc. but both good.
Back to top Go down
RoiDanielsen
Admin
RoiDanielsen

Brainstorm  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 8:36 pm

DEV_Lettuce_ wrote:
Yeah, i like both the Industrial age Rpg, just cause its never been used. Cause there is already like SWTOR, Star wars galaxies, etc. but both good.

Yes, I see. I guess we would need to create a really original story, with little to no connections to Star Wars Razz
Back to top Go down
RoiDanielsen
Admin
RoiDanielsen

Brainstorm  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 8:38 pm

New Idea!

Something like a Post Apocalyptic Futuristic but Ancient RPG?

Like in the far future, the planet has been bombarded by an alien race or something like that.

I mean the world should be in ruins, and you need to rebuild it together with the faction that you choose! Like if you choose to play for Faction A, you need to build statues of A gods and stuff, all while at war with other factions Razz
Back to top Go down
DEV_Lettuce_
Admin
DEV_Lettuce_

Brainstorm  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 8:41 pm

Yeah i just had a picture in my head of like 19th century london, factorys and smoke, with players just like running around interacting. And stuff like doing quests and leveling up.

i made a system :p
level up by doing quests, dueling, etc.

Peasant 1-10
Common Folk 10-20
Gentleman/Lady-20-35
Nobleman/Woman-35-50
Duke/Dutchess-50-75
Royalty-75 and up cap at 80

Back to top Go down
DEV_Lettuce_
Admin
DEV_Lettuce_

Brainstorm  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 8:43 pm

RoiDanielsen wrote:
New Idea!

Like in the far future, the planet has been bombarded by an alien race or something like that.

I mean the world should be in ruins, and you need to rebuild it together with the faction that you choose! Like if you choose to play for Faction A, you need to build statues of A gods and stuff, all while at war with other factions Razz

http://www.fallenearth.com/landing_age_gate

lol soz
Back to top Go down
RoiDanielsen
Admin
RoiDanielsen

Brainstorm  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 8:45 pm

DEV_Lettuce_ wrote:
RoiDanielsen wrote:
New Idea!

http://www.fallenearth.com/landing_age_gate

lol soz

HAHA, rofl, havent seen that one before xD Thanks for showing me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Muzz5
Admin

Brainstorm  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 8:47 pm

Why do they have to be lasers? You can use tesla cannons, or take an existing weapon (e.g. flamethrower) and make it more awesome (blue and green flames).
Back to top Go down
RoiDanielsen
Admin
RoiDanielsen

Brainstorm  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 8:48 pm

DEV_Lettuce_ wrote:
Yeah i just had a picture in my head of like 19th century london, factorys and smoke, with players just like running around interacting. And stuff like doing quests and leveling up.

i made a system :p
level up by doing quests, dueling, etc.

Peasant 1-10
Common Folk 10-20
Gentleman/Lady-20-35
Nobleman/Woman-35-50
Duke/Dutchess-50-75
Royalty-75 and up cap at 80

Aaaaw, the leveling system is so cliché! How about another dynamic level system, that allows you to allocate skill points or something? Like you have some skills and you decide where to put the points in, like a Gun Slinger skill and a Detective Skill Razz The more points you put in each skill, the better you get, but there is a skillpoint cap, so you cant get to max every single skill?
Back to top Go down
RoiDanielsen
Admin
RoiDanielsen

Brainstorm  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 8:50 pm

Muzz5 wrote:
Why do they have to be lasers? You can use tesla cannons, or take an existing weapon (e.g. flamethrower) and make it more awesome (blue and green flames).

Havent thought of that xD

But Lettuce, I dont think the "Kill X amount of Y Guys" Quest type is very interresting. I played old games like Runescape and Fallout a couple of years ago, and the quests were more like puzzles who forced you to think, instead of just making some braindead killing spree Razz
Back to top Go down
RoiDanielsen
Admin
RoiDanielsen

Brainstorm  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 8:57 pm

This what you have in mind? Around the early 1900, Pre-War ofcourse?

http://www.photographersdirect.com/buyers/stockphoto.asp?imageid=1184058

That is what springs into my mind, around the Sherlock Holmes era Very Happy

Characters like these?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e2/Holmes_and_Watson.jpg

Last edited by RoiDanielsen on Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Brainstorm  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brainstorm
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next