Unity Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unity Project

A educational project with Unity, more info to follow.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Brainstorm

Go down 
+8
palledk
Goldbott
qwertyuiop
votekick
mythstrott
Muzz5
RoiDanielsen
DEV_Lettuce_
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Muzz5
Admin

Brainstorm  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 6:35 pm

palledk wrote:
I'm all in for the steampunk theme in the early 1900's! There are so many ways that we can make original contraptions and all sorts of weird and new things that we make up! That way it's only the imagination that can set the borders.

Edit: As long as it doesn't get out of hand of course Wink
Sorry, the idea was taken for a steampunk rpg just like that, called remnants of skystone.
Back to top Go down
mythstrott

mythstrott

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 7:25 pm

Muzz5 wrote:
palledk wrote:
I'm all in for the steampunk theme in the early 1900's! There are so many ways that we can make original contraptions and all sorts of weird and new things that we make up! That way it's only the imagination that can set the borders.

Edit: As long as it doesn't get out of hand of course Wink
Sorry, the idea was taken for a steampunk rpg just like that, called remnants of skystone.

Steampunk sounds good.

Muzz, I don't think you'll be able to find any theme that doesn't have at least one game already made. We just have to be unique with the way we make it.
Back to top Go down
RoiDanielsen
Admin
RoiDanielsen

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 9:10 pm

Yeah Muzz Razz I dont think we can make something up without looking like something else! I mean, that would mean we need to make up a completely new genre xD
Back to top Go down
imcanida

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 2:51 am

RoiDanielsen wrote:
Some of mine ideas are this.

3rd Person medieval fantasy RPG. Something like the mount&blade warband combat system, where you use your mouse to swing. Making this multiplayer with sandbox elements, like building your house/set up a town. With puzzling quests that force you to think. It would be able to host a server and then play it with some friends.

This is a very good base idea, as we can build lots and lots upon it, like something crazy making a huge world with severals continents/islands with ships and naval warfare also.

Other than that I'm open to many types of ideas, but I personally like the RPG genre the most. Games with great story/quests/puzzles combined with modern gameplays like FPS, RTS or such Smile

Kind of funny you actually wrote this.. I played a game exactly like this..
www.darkfallonline.com

FPS/MMO/RPG ( Skill Based not level) / FFA(All looting system)/ PVP(everywhere no "real" safe zones)

You can have a house(even with your own merchant at it).. Clans can build up cities.. There's Naval combat, mounted combat, magic, archery, melee.. no classes. battles of 200+ players ( It happens alot )
Back to top Go down
imcanida

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 3:07 am

This is my idea for a game.. However it is ridiculous haha.. These are just random thoughts that I put together into a word doc.

Game thought::
Each player is a hybrid human/robot that can be specialized as the game advances with upgrades to
there systems or bodies to make them faster // stronger // control more objects( ships // mechs// etc)

The game will start off with you awaking on some planet whatever ( max number of players per planet before placing on a new one)

Story : The player is created from a massive database of memories of past civilizations and giving a hybrid human / robot (android)
body with one of these memories. Which will just be the player. If the player body dies. The player will start back at the cloning machine
with all progress( advancements and upgrades ) in a new body. Clone machines will be made available to individual "clans or factions"

Territories can be taken control over by a faction or clan and built up with buildings manufacturing plants ( to produce space ships // mechs // etc)
, Armories to produce weapons and ammunition, Barracks to unlock more upgrades to faction/clan memembers, etc..

Opposing factions wishing to attack would have to have a carrier of a sort. That would be flying above or on the ground. Which would hold all attacking
units... mechs//weapons//ammo etc.. Max faction members may be like 40 per. But the attacking faction could load up with like 400 mechs.. and
if the 40 mechs were destroyed the 40 members controlling the mechs could rejoin the battle with 40 more mechs.. 10 more times.. However
if the faction only had like 2 members no more then 2 mechs could be handled at the time.. possibly add some droid availability to those that want
to have low member count.

When it comes to multi faction fighting no more then 2 other allies may help on either side which means no more then 120 people per side. This should
help the effect of zergs. Numbers of mechs and members will take its place. But having just sheer numbers will not always help. ( Probably make this lower )

If another area is taken by a faction they may have additional 40 spots for there clan/guild/faction. However combat rules will still apply.

Starting off : The game will begin with you as being an android specialized in your select fighting style... Melee or Ranged.. Maybe even pet based or
turret / Droid pet.

Like any other game there could be professions and other things like gathering and other mundane tasks to start. Then in later game you could have
robots or items to help you do them much faster.
Also like other games you will probably start off killing some noob creatures or even just fighting others in arena type matches may be a good idea..
So its less boring and a little more fun. If you win a match you get x amount of credits and if you lose you still get credits just not as much..
Or you could always gather for credits.

and that's why I was working on some mech designs
--
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This was my starting Idea for a game. I would purpose later adding a Space system as well. So when they actually get to the point of ships they can start taking control of other planets or just space territory..

My idea was to have MMO/FPS/RPG(skill based).. The gain of Technology is the key to this game.

Heres and idea for a skill :

Hacker skill : When trying to take an enemy vehicle a player with hacking skill can enter in numbers as they appear on the screen to try to take the vehicle/machine. Such as if someone attempted to steal a mech the hacker with a skill of lets say 100 would be prompted to enter in a set of numbers in a given amount of time.. Random numbers possibly.. such as 352123adajk ( characters maybe be added ) this will prevent any macro programs to do it for them. But since he has 100 skill he only has to enter in 352123.. etc.

Playing Darkfall Online ( which is pretty sandbox of a game) has taught me a few things about these Sandbox MMOFPSRPG's.. Such as the zerging.. In darkfall Clans would have ridiculous amounts of members and then would hire more players to help them in seiges.. It was getting to the point that people were bringing like 300 players each haha.. which is not acceptable playing conditions ( fps would be at like 7 most times ) and having skills that everyone can achieve just makes the veteran players 100x more powerful then any casual game which makes sense to an extent. But in darkfall Macro's and exploiting was often used for personal gain... Alright I think I'm done with this subject I'm sure I could go on haha.. Anyways my point is you have to know how to balance these Sandbox games correctly while making players happy as well.
Back to top Go down
Goldbott

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 3:31 am

did you read the board? We had already kinda gotten an idea together. Your idea isn't bad but it needs a good deal of revision and the story sound very similar to Rengoku
Back to top Go down
mythstrott

mythstrott

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 3:33 am

Goldbott wrote:
did you read the board? We had already kinda gotten an idea together. Your idea isn't bad but it needs a good deal of revision and the story sound very similar to Rengoku

Yeah, his idea looks okay. But it's very overused. I think any kind of game in a steampunk industrial theme would be cooler.
Back to top Go down
imcanida

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 3:58 am

Yes I did read the entire 6 pages actually haha. I was just posting an idea that I had for a game.. Like I said though it would be pretty ridiculous. That game Rengoku is for psp and its lock on targets with zoning ew.

And this style really isn't over used actually. Many players say that want the "SandBox" game but when they play them they tend to hate them so many developers stick to the MMO template of WoW style. Because it tends to be too "hardcore" even I quit because of that very reason.

I however would have no problem with contributing to a Steam Punk RPG. I'm sure I could make interesting models steam punk based. I would however be interested in learning how the engine works. I've been playing around with it and it's very fun and easy as of so far.
Back to top Go down
Goldbott

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 4:02 am

Well I'm working on a MMORPS if you want to help out on that, but most here seem to be set on the steampunk idea - I think I already have some gun ideas for it too, I'd love to write the story for it - I've been reading a ton of old London stories lately Smile
Back to top Go down
imcanida

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 4:18 am

Yeah I played your demo it was really cool was very nice looking. If you want any help with your idea's let me know ( modeling wise ) I'm not the best to come up idea's from scratch I usually just google images until I find something I like.

Probably won't start anything tonight however. I have to write a Soundex Hashing algorithm with File in/out based on the hash. Super fun Razz
Back to top Go down
blent3342

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 7:09 am

hi well heres my idea, i was thinking a futuristic setting, where we start as astronuats in a ship with a mini movie or something and progress into where we get trapped in a wierd dimension of time and we find out were 25 years after we were schedule to come back to earth to find out that basically a new race is begginning to take over and we have basic melee weapons and progress into more advanced and maybe guns.. and the main point of the game is to complete the quests, survive whatever the game has to tackle us with and find a way to get off the planet to go to mars and start a new settlement, maybe have expansions for multiplayer like a survival type thing, who knows? .. well thats my idea!
Back to top Go down
RoiDanielsen
Admin
RoiDanielsen

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 8:45 pm

More Ideas!

You start the game as a Human. You enter the start scene, where you are hunted around in the slums of a huge mega city. Like Coruscant from Star Wars or something. The setting is the future.

You get caught by a gang of people, and they knock you out. You wake up at a hospital, were you are told that most of your organs were stolen. ( The main theme will be that there is a lack of new humans, because of overpopulation, and people will kill to get original organs). They tell you that they implemented new robotic organs into you.

This is were you get to choose which type of heart, liver and kidneys etc. you want. Different kinds of organs give different bonuses.

Like Heart A gives a better heart rate, thus giving your character more stamina. Maybe you choose Heart B which is really big, making your character stronger etc Razz Get the point?

When you start, you are set free in the huge city. You can do what ever you please, something like GTA IV. Missions are available all around the city, with a lot of different rewards. The main goal will to be for you to raise enough money, to be able to buy a Star Ship, which will then open up Space for you to fly in, which allows you to go to other planets to do more missions and such Very Happy

Pretty far out idea, but I hope you get the basic concept Smile
Back to top Go down
palledk

palledk

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 8:47 pm

Maybe you could trash the space part and make the goal of the game to find leads to who stole your organs in the first place, and then try to get them back?
Back to top Go down
RoiDanielsen
Admin
RoiDanielsen

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 8:50 pm

Maybe. I just wanted to add some diversion, so that we can try out many different things in one game. Also, who says that the attackers didnt sell your organs to someone on a different planet? Wink
Back to top Go down
palledk

palledk

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 8:54 pm

Who knows where the leads will tell you to go! afro
Back to top Go down
RoiDanielsen
Admin
RoiDanielsen

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 8:56 pm

This is what I got my idea from Razz

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119116/

Pretty nice movie hehe Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Benstruation

Benstruation

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 1:30 pm

I can't express the amount of love I have for Victorian Era steampunk, so I won't even try. In fact, so far, every idea in this thread has been fantastic. I'm not here to stroke egos though, so I digress.

Now, since we are talking rpg, are we talking magic as well? I certainly do hope so as it would be a shame to make an rpg in the same setting as H.P. Lovecraft's/Bram Stoker's/Mary Shelley's(kinda) fiction and not be able to use it or make some allusions due to limitations we set. I mean, don't misunderstand me when I say magic though. I'm not talking about making this Magic Missile 2: Copper and Steam edition (although Copper and Steam do sound nice together). I'm thinking of a magic system that is more refined and practical; whereas instead of magic is treated as some misunderstood variable that only the wizened can master, it is more of a form of energy which can be manipulated to a certain extent. I'm not sure if I explained that clearly. That and tomes. I love me some tomes.

Strangely enough, these ideas are almost perfectly aligned with the game that I have been tossing around for a while now. I might even still have some of my old concept art somewhere that I had planned for NPCs. See, what I had in mind was creating a sandbox (check) action rpg (check) set in a steampunk setting (check) with a strong focus on interaction with the world itself ie building houses/towns/whatever, deeper/more intimate (read this not as a sex simulation) relation with NPCs, etc. I'll post some sketches if I can find them, granted though, it might be slightly stylized. However, if you wish to have a more realistic style, I can certainly accomplish that as well. It'll just take me a day or two to put some rough sketches together.

But in order to get an idea of what I'm saying, imagine slapping a steam engine, a giant mechanical eye, and arms made out of energy together onto a contraption birthing steam-powered insect-like harvester robots; OR combining Cthulhu with some gear operated machinery and a couple giant tesla coils.

Now, in terms of the player, are we going to settle with a player character that we design? Or is it going to be customizable? What stats/skills are we looking at? How are these going to be increased? What direct effect will each stat/skill have on gameplay? Are we going to have skills which are not passive? How exactly do we want the combat system to work out (cool downs? combos? spamming hotkeys?)? How will the character level up if they do level up? Will there be character classes or will the player be able to customize and create hybrids? I certainly have ideas on these, kinda, however, I would love to hear somebody else's input considering I already kinda put the whole "magic" thing in there.

Sorry if I came off as kinda vague or messed up sounding. I need to sleep.
Back to top Go down
RoiDanielsen
Admin
RoiDanielsen

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 2:56 pm

Benstruation wrote:
I can't express the amount of love I have for Victorian Era steampunk, so I won't even try. In fact, so far, every idea in this thread has been fantastic. I'm not here to stroke egos though, so I digress.

Now, since we are talking rpg, are we talking magic as well? I certainly do hope so as it would be a shame to make an rpg in the same setting as H.P. Lovecraft's/Bram Stoker's/Mary Shelley's(kinda) fiction and not be able to use it or make some allusions due to limitations we set. I mean, don't misunderstand me when I say magic though. I'm not talking about making this Magic Missile 2: Copper and Steam edition (although Copper and Steam do sound nice together). I'm thinking of a magic system that is more refined and practical; whereas instead of magic is treated as some misunderstood variable that only the wizened can master, it is more of a form of energy which can be manipulated to a certain extent. I'm not sure if I explained that clearly. That and tomes. I love me some tomes.

Strangely enough, these ideas are almost perfectly aligned with the game that I have been tossing around for a while now. I might even still have some of my old concept art somewhere that I had planned for NPCs. See, what I had in mind was creating a sandbox (check) action rpg (check) set in a steampunk setting (check) with a strong focus on interaction with the world itself ie building houses/towns/whatever, deeper/more intimate (read this not as a sex simulation) relation with NPCs, etc. I'll post some sketches if I can find them, granted though, it might be slightly stylized. However, if you wish to have a more realistic style, I can certainly accomplish that as well. It'll just take me a day or two to put some rough sketches together.

But in order to get an idea of what I'm saying, imagine slapping a steam engine, a giant mechanical eye, and arms made out of energy together onto a contraption birthing steam-powered insect-like harvester robots; OR combining Cthulhu with some gear operated machinery and a couple giant tesla coils.

Now, in terms of the player, are we going to settle with a player character that we design? Or is it going to be customizable? What stats/skills are we looking at? How are these going to be increased? What direct effect will each stat/skill have on gameplay? Are we going to have skills which are not passive? How exactly do we want the combat system to work out (cool downs? combos? spamming hotkeys?)? How will the character level up if they do level up? Will there be character classes or will the player be able to customize and create hybrids? I certainly have ideas on these, kinda, however, I would love to hear somebody else's input considering I already kinda put the whole "magic" thing in there.

Sorry if I came off as kinda vague or messed up sounding. I need to sleep.

What an awesome idea! This is exactly what I had in mind, but I was not able to explain it properly Razz
Back to top Go down
palledk

palledk

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 7:39 pm

I really like your idea! I don't think we should call the magic "magic" since it would give a wrong picture of it. We should give it a new name but with the same possibilities.
Back to top Go down
mythstrott

mythstrott

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 9:51 pm

palledk wrote:
I really like your idea! I don't think we should call the magic "magic" since it would give a wrong picture of it. We should give it a new name but with the same possibilities.

I like the idea, too. And I think you're right about magic. We shouldn't just have the common "cast a spell" magic. Make it interesting and different. Also, I would rather magic not be too big of a factor, just something occasionally eluded to. But that's just me.
Back to top Go down
Benstruation

Benstruation

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 11:11 pm

Alright, then it is settled. I'll toss together some quick concept sketches and whatnot of differing "styles" and post them here at the latest on Monday. Of course, I am more than open to suggestions/concerns/criticisms regarding my work, so if you want me to do a particular character type, atmosphere, weapon, "style", etc feel free to voice it. I'll have off all day tomorrow and am more than willing to spend it on this. I cannot emphasize how excited I am about this project. I will certainly be monitoring this thread for any feedback. Hell, if you really wanted to, you could even throw together a quick MSPaint sketch of what you have in mind and I'll do my best to replicate it in a more "polished" way I suppose? That is of course if you're having a difficult time putting it into words.

I fear no requests, so come at me bros!
Back to top Go down
mythstrott

mythstrott

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 11:40 pm

Benstruation wrote:
Alright, then it is settled. I'll toss together some quick concept sketches and whatnot of differing "styles" and post them here at the latest on Monday. Of course, I am more than open to suggestions/concerns/criticisms regarding my work, so if you want me to do a particular character type, atmosphere, weapon, "style", etc feel free to voice it. I'll have off all day tomorrow and am more than willing to spend it on this. I cannot emphasize how excited I am about this project. I will certainly be monitoring this thread for any feedback. Hell, if you really wanted to, you could even throw together a quick MSPaint sketch of what you have in mind and I'll do my best to replicate it in a more "polished" way I suppose? That is of course if you're having a difficult time putting it into words.

I fear no requests, so come at me bros!

Personally, I would love to see concept art of maybe your take on a main character and/or city?
Back to top Go down
RoiDanielsen
Admin
RoiDanielsen

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 9:25 pm

I prefer a bit Stylized Realism over Photorealism. Allows the graphics to be "Good" for a long time. Just look at WoW. Urgh.
Back to top Go down
DEV_Lettuce_
Admin
DEV_Lettuce_

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 1:17 am

Yeah i dont know if this makes sense but i want the "magic" to have an industrial type theme, im trying to make some random particle spells ones called "emission" its just like fog and smoke Razz
Back to top Go down
https://unityproject.forumotion.com
imcanida

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 1:18 am

So you mean have spells like "Choke" and it would basically smoke out someone..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brainstorm
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Unity Project :: Ideas-
Jump to: