Unity Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unity Project

A educational project with Unity, more info to follow.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Brainstorm

Go down 
+8
palledk
Goldbott
qwertyuiop
votekick
mythstrott
Muzz5
RoiDanielsen
DEV_Lettuce_
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
DEV_Lettuce_
Admin
DEV_Lettuce_

Brainstorm  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 8:58 pm

Yes that is exactly what i have in mind, a social type rpg. In that era, with classy clothes, intersting quests, ability to buy home and horses, farm, etc.
Back to top Go down
https://unityproject.forumotion.com
RoiDanielsen
Admin
RoiDanielsen

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 9:00 pm

DEV_Lettuce_ wrote:
Yes that is exactly what i have in mind, a social type rpg. In that era, with classy clothes, intersting quests, ability to buy home and horses, farm, etc.

I see. The Sherlock Holmes novels spanned from 1880 to 1907! I would almost call that the age of Steam Razz

You are thinking of a more puzzle like game, with mysteries like in Sherlock Holmes? Instad of too much action/shooter type?
Back to top Go down
RoiDanielsen
Admin
RoiDanielsen

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 9:02 pm

Check out this guys characters!

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/75103-3D-character-artist-with-high-level-looking-for-work-(paid)

Scroll a bit down, some of them look exactly like a early 1900's guy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DEV_Lettuce_
Admin
DEV_Lettuce_

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 9:07 pm

No not like a puzzle game, i just want that to be the enviorment, industrial england, Sherlock Holmes era. I would like it to be a multiplayer social type rpg
Back to top Go down
Muzz5
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 9:09 pm

Are we all in agreement then?
New questions: 1. Are we good enough to make something like this straight away?
2. FPS or Rpg?
3. 1st or 3rd person?
Back to top Go down
RoiDanielsen
Admin
RoiDanielsen

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 9:10 pm

DEV_Lettuce_ wrote:
No not like a puzzle game, i just want that to be the enviorment, industrial england, Sherlock Holmes era. I would like it to be a multiplayer social type rpg

Social RPG with a some Sandbox features, like customizing clothes and houses, and be able to make a factory or farm and stuff?

BTW HATS!!!

http://fashionista.com/2007/04/explain-trilby-hats/

God damn I love thoose hats from that Era! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RoiDanielsen
Admin
RoiDanielsen

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 9:12 pm

Muzz5 wrote:
Are we all in agreement then?
New questions: 1. Are we good enough to make something like this straight away?
2. FPS or Rpg?
3. 1st or 3rd person?

Well, I think we should start with a Single Player game though, I dont know how it's done, I'm more of an Artist/Designer Razz

Personally I like RPG's better than FPS'. We could make a mixture though, a 3rd Person RPG Shooter?
Back to top Go down
DEV_Lettuce_
Admin
DEV_Lettuce_

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 9:13 pm

my vote is 3rd person rpg
Back to top Go down
RoiDanielsen
Admin
RoiDanielsen

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 9:15 pm

The reason I dont like FPS, is because it lacks the realism. When you are constrained to a FPS View, you cant really see the sides.

With a 3rd person camera, you get that extra "feel" you know. It all depends on the final game type though.
Back to top Go down
DEV_Lettuce_
Admin
DEV_Lettuce_

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 9:16 pm

How about this
1. First we make an industrial enviorment
2. you can start on models like horse and buggys, and time era stuff
3.we can then create a player
4.we can follow these steps to make a game that we can wonder around in and see the enviorment
5.later we can add functionality.
Back to top Go down
DEV_Lettuce_
Admin
DEV_Lettuce_

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 9:17 pm

RoiDanielsen wrote:
DEV_Lettuce_ wrote:

Social RPG with a some Sandbox features, like customizing clothes and houses, and be able to make a factory or farm and stuff?

BTW HATS!!!

http://fashionista.com/2007/04/explain-trilby-hats/

God damn I love thoose hats from that Era! Very Happy

EXACTLY cheers
Back to top Go down
RoiDanielsen
Admin
RoiDanielsen

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 9:20 pm

I like the idea of creating the enviroment first. I need to take a look on the web for some architecture from the early 1900 first though Razz
Back to top Go down
DEV_Lettuce_
Admin
DEV_Lettuce_

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 9:29 pm

Excellent, i have started the terrain, right now i am doing simple farmland ill upload later.
Back to top Go down
mythstrott

mythstrott

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 11:05 pm

Hey, can I join in on this?

I definitely like the industrial setting. 3rd person view sounds good, too.

However, I think that we should make it single-player. By the sounds of things, none of us are that advanced with Unity and certainly don't have the capabilities of making a multiplayer game. Maybe multiplayer could be added in the future, but let's start with something possible.
Back to top Go down
votekick

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 4:34 am

RoiDanielsen wrote:
Some of mine ideas are this.

3rd Person medieval fantasy RPG. Something like the mount&blade warband combat system, where you use your mouse to swing. Making this multiplayer with sandbox elements, like building your house/set up a town. With puzzling quests that force you to think. It would be able to host a server and then play it with some friends.

This is a very good base idea, as we can build lots and lots upon it, like something crazy making a huge world with severals continents/islands with ships and naval warfare also.

Other than that I'm open to many types of ideas, but I personally like the RPG genre the most. Games with great story/quests/puzzles combined with modern gameplays like FPS, RTS or such Smile

Good idea to base a concept from, but moving your mouse back and forth to swing doesn't strike me as such a great idea. I'm for a medieval setting, could have 2 or 3 classes and expand from that after we have a base setup.
Warrior, Mage, Archer that sorta thing.
Back to top Go down
qwertyuiop

qwertyuiop

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 12:28 pm

I've got another idea for a game wich uses the soft-body physics in Unity:

Some camping guest is not amused about the servece on a camping (other guests play loud music and stuff) and decides to take revenge. He has to drive over as many tents as possible before the police arrives. Next, he gets a call from another "not amused" camping guest who said it was awesome what he did, and "could you please do that again on that camping?", and gets paid for it. And that way he unlocks more and more levels and buys better cars.
Back to top Go down
mythstrott

mythstrott

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 4:16 pm

The camping game sounds very original (as far as I know). However, it seems like one of those games you could only have fun with for 10 minutes. Maybe it would be better if more interesting challenges, side games, etc. were added. A good name for it might be Campground Rampage.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Also, camping is intense (in tents)!

But I must say that the Industrial theme still sounds cool.
Back to top Go down
RoiDanielsen
Admin
RoiDanielsen

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 6:48 pm

Yes the early 1900 sounds really nice! I have been busy working on some other models today, but as soon as we get some artwork going, I'm ready to work Razz

Back to top Go down
mythstrott

mythstrott

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 7:30 pm

Do we have an artist?
Back to top Go down
DEV_Lettuce_
Admin
DEV_Lettuce_

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 9:37 pm

Back to top Go down
DEV_Lettuce_
Admin
DEV_Lettuce_

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 9:40 pm

Oh yeah can someone help me, i cant figure out how to play on my map. Everytime i hit play it just brings me under the map and does nothing.
Back to top Go down
Goldbott

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 10:04 pm

Hmm what about a somewhat steampunk future approach? You could have a huge city that is fashioned in the style of old time London but features amazing steam powered advances in technology. Perhaps a take on what todays world might have been like if an inventor had discovered perpetual steam cycles and copper was in incredible abundance. Maybe have a real-time combat system and give the player the option of being in first or third person view.

Also did you place your character above the terrain, are you using the default character controller?
Back to top Go down
mythstrott

mythstrott

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 10:14 pm

I still support a British industrial setting.

That Campground Rampage idea would also be cool.
Back to top Go down
RoiDanielsen
Admin
RoiDanielsen

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 8:58 am

Goldbott wrote:
Hmm what about a somewhat steampunk future approach? You could have a huge city that is fashioned in the style of old time London but features amazing steam powered advances in technology. Perhaps a take on what todays world might have been like if an inventor had discovered perpetual steam cycles and copper was in incredible abundance. Maybe have a real-time combat system and give the player the option of being in first or third person view.

Also did you place your character above the terrain, are you using the default character controller?

I like the Steampunk idea! It really gives us an edge regarding creativity, as most of the contraptions can be made up by ourselves Razz
Back to top Go down
palledk

palledk

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 11:09 am

I'm all in for the steampunk theme in the early 1900's! There are so many ways that we can make original contraptions and all sorts of weird and new things that we make up! That way it's only the imagination that can set the borders.

Edit: As long as it doesn't get out of hand of course Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm    Brainstorm  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brainstorm
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Unity Project :: Ideas-
Jump to: